Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Frame Expo



Every year I am amused to receive an invitation to an Art and Frame Expo in China. It has crossed my mind that if I were to submit an application to Creative New Zealand for a travel grant to attend this expo, I might have more luck than when the Janet Frame estate applied to Creative New Zealand as well as another NZ literary funding entity, 'CLL' (Copyright Licensing), for help with funding the preparation of Janet Frame's letters for publication. We were turned down by both funding bodies. I am sure that in contrast to that rejection of the opportunity to support the publishing of Frame's historic correspondence, the arts bureaucrats would likely be swayed by the glamour of this exciting opportunity to represent New Zealand frames in Shanghai.

No comments: